On the afternoon of March 4th 2007, veteran composer Richard Joseph passed away, after a short battle with lung cancer. I had the good fortune of meeting Richard at Back In Time London in 2002, and he left a lasting impression – although we only talked briefly I have fond memories of a man who despite his status as a legend was the most down-to-earth chap you’d ever come across. Our thoughts go out to Richards friends and family.
Join in as Makke and I pay tribute with a podcast entirely dedicated to the works of Richard Joseph, both the way he created the tunes himself, and the way other people interpreted his work.
- Richard Joseph – Rimrunner (Title)
- Makke – Sacred Armour of Antiriad (from the It’s Binary, Baby! album)
- Richard Joseph – Sacred Armour of Antiriad
- Trauma – I’m a Pumpkin Man (Cauldron II)
- Richard Joseph – Cauldron II
- Reyn Ouwehand – Stifflip & Co.
- Richard Joseph – Stifflip & Co.
- Richard Joseph and Jon Hare – War never been so much fun! (theme from Cannon Fodder – there’s even a music video for it.)
Tunes played on todays show are available for download from Remix.Kwed.Org, and from the HVSC. Leave feedback either by using the comment section, or by e-mail to C64Takeaway [AT] gmail [DOT] com. You can also add your pushpin to the C64 Take-away frappr map (be sure to add a shout-out otherwise I won’t get notified) or even send me a voice message.
LAST MINUTE ADDITION: After production on this episode finished I noticed that the 8Bit Mayhem podcast has also released an episode dedicated to the memory of Richard Joseph.