Introduced at the Consumer Electronics Show in January 1982, and available to the public in August of 1982 – it’s everyone’s favourite computer: The C64. To coincide with the “C64 Month” campaign (Twitter + Facebook), here’s my contribution in the form of a new episode of the C64 Take-away. As usual the mix consists of a set of great chiptunes and remixes, blended in with a recap of what’s been happening in the world of C64-related music. Enjoy!
Stream this episode:
Download this episode: MP3 (47:37 minutes – 88 Mb)
- Johannes Bjerregaard – Shape
- Steve Rowlands – Fuzzy Wuzzy
- LMan – Shape
- Steve Rowlands – Creatures 2 (tune #16)
- Press Play On Tape – Nonterraqueous (from the “HOME COMPUTER” CD)
- Jammer – Mr. Marvellous
- Trace – Way of the Exploding Fist (tune 3)
- Hermitsoft – Platoon acoustica (subtune 4)
- Amok – Maniac Mansion Theme (feat. Mitch van Hayden)
- daXX – Commando Dubstep Rmx
- DJ Skitz + Mordi – Trick Bag
- C64 remix podcast “Commoflage” podcast (RSS feed)
- 1541 Ultimate II
- HVSC update 57
- The Great Giana Sisters sheet music
- DGA12 DJ Noize C64 set
- The SIDrip Alliance Budapest concert
- Remixer of the Year 2011 – including this for yours truly.
- “HOME COMPUTER” – new album from Press Play On Tape
- Instant Remedy + Nexus 6581 digital reprints in FLAC format.
- Most awesome C64 mod EVER: Jeri Ellsworth turns breadbin into bass keytar (also, article on The Make Blog)
- Jack Tramiel passes away at age 83
- Jeff Minters “Gridrunner” arrives on iOS
- ‘The Newsfield Years’ documentary
- Help the crowdfunding of “From Bedrooms to Billions” – a documentary feature film telling the story of the UK Video Games Industry from 1979 to 1996.
- BBC News: The C64 turns 30 – what does today’s kids make of it?
- Linus ‘Chipophone’ Åkesson’s “Bitbuf”
- Please leave a review on iTunes and help others discover these great tunes.
- Also, if you’re on Xbox Live and feel up for some online multiplayer action, look up “Don Kwed“.
Unless otherwise stated tunes played on todays show are available for download from Remix.Kwed.Org , or from the HVSC recordings availble on the SOASC site. Leave feedback either by using the comment section at C64Takeaway.com , by e-mail to C64Takeaway [AT] gmail [DOT] com, or follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/C64Takeaway. And at the risk of repeating myself, please leave a review on iTunes. 🙂