Holy rapid release schedule, Batman! Another C64 Take-away already? Makke and Jan are back to entertain you with even more carefully selected C64 SIDs and remixes – including an 8-bit tribute to the man who came up with the moonwalk, and a trip back to the early days of remixing. Also, we talk about the BBC tuning into the chiptune/remix scene, and Apple not wanting people to run emulated 6510 assembly code on the iPhone.
Stream this episode:
Download this episode: MP3 (51:25 minutes – 47 Mb)
- Charles Deenen – Smooth Criminal (From the "Smooth Criminal" demo by Ash+Dave, recorded from a 6581R4 SID)
- Sonic Wanderer – Druid II: Enlightenment (Turbo Edit)
- Branko Balsic – Airscape Ride
- André Müller (Crefelder) – Bomb Jack (Summer Radio Edit)
- Sonic Wanderer – Great Giana Sisters (Pedal To The Metal Distortion Remix)
- Hazel – Summer (Barbeque at Dafunks Beachhouse)
- The Dead Guys – Arkanoid (Dubanoid mix)
- Mixer – Alka
- Listener reviews of the SIDPlayer for iPhone/iPod Touch.
- Forthcoming firmware update for the 1541 Ultimate cartridge will include a SID player.
- Remix.Kwed.Org staff take the summer off. No new uploads accepted until August 24th 2009.
- The BBC’s "Digital Planet" featured a segment on chiptunes on their May 26th episode. No mention of the C64 SID/Remix scene, though.
- The BBC’s "Pods and Blogs " programme is also keeping up with C64 music news by following us on Twitter.
- C64 emulator rejected from the iTunes App store.
- SOASC= goes ‘Gold’ + Stone Oakvally retires. No MP3s of C64 recordings after HVSC 49.
Unless otherwise stated tunes played on todays show are available for download from Remix.Kwed.Org , or from the HVSC recordings availble on the SOASC site. Leave feedback either by using the comment section at https://c64takeaway.com , by e-mail to C64Takeaway [AT] gmail [DOT] com, or on Twitter at http://twitter.com/C64Takeaway.