Just in time for Christmas, Makke and Jan skip an obvious opportunity to pour themselves a generous helping of glühwein. Instead they get all serious (well, not really), and cook up a delicious Commodore 64 styled music burger for you: Two Christmas tunes make up the bun, a solitary SID chiptune provides the dressing, and between it a solid slab of meat mixed from shredded guitars, beatup drums, and pounded pianos. Also, to spice things up there’s C64-related “news”, feedback, and the usual banter on the side. And the “Classic Remix” segment takes us all the way back to 2001.
Stream this episode:
Download this episode: MP3 (56:54 minutes – 52 Mb)
- 8 Bit Weapon & ComputeHer – Jingle Bells (From the It’s a chiptune holiday album)
- Alexander Rotzsch (Fanta) – Finetuning
- NecroPolo – RoboCop ingame (RobbSpotter mix)
- Mutherpluckin’ B – Deflektor (Deflektions of My Life) (also check out his NES remixes)
- Vincenzo – InCompleeto
- Classic remix: Jeroen Breebart – Special Agent 2001
- Martin Dodd – The Running Man (ICS Prime Time Remix)
- Markus Schneider – Golden Axe (Christmas Edition)
- Remix.Kwed.Org turned 9 years old on November 23rd 2009
- SOASC= got a new search engine and massive bandwidth upgrade.
- Commoradio plays chiptunes from the SOASC= and SOAMC.
- The Poke 20 album contains 21(!) remixes of Monty On The Run. And no mention of Rob Hubbard in the liner notes. And it violates its own Creative Commons license as well. Boo! Hiss!
- Interview with the composer of “Future Shock” and other C64 and NES tracks, Neil Baldwin (aka Demon)
- Necropolo’s “rakBIT” album released as a £4.50 digital download. You need to buy it! Now!
- Armin Gessert passed away on November 8th 2009 (in German)
- Giana Sisters is coming to the iPhone/iPod Touch (in German)
- The C64 Take-away has been nominated for a European #Podcast Award. Help us rock the vote!
- The Chameleon 64 cartridge contains a metric tonne of goodies: 1541 Emulator, REU, RetroReplay, VGA output, PS/2 mouse port, and more. Expected to ship in 2010, pre-order now for 219 EUR.
- The C64 App is back on the iTunes App Store.
- The free SID Player app should be on every iPhone/iPod Touch.
- Got a jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch? Install more games on the C64 app with @DNA64’s gamepack.
Unless otherwise stated tunes played on todays show are available for download from Remix.Kwed.Org , or from the HVSC recordings availble on the SOASC site. Leave feedback either by using the comment section at https://c64takeaway.com , by e-mail to C64Takeaway [AT] gmail [DOT] com, or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/C64Takeaway.
19 thoughts on “Episode 047: Just in time for Christmas”
OOO! Just downloaded! Merry Christmas to you Jan and Makke!! 🙂
Great to hear you guys again, loved the news section all these fun things and just in time for xmas 🙂
p.s. I’ve put my vote on European podcast of the year, good luck.
As the golden axe mix slowly ends, the only thought that pops into my head is Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may it consist of many C64 take-away podcasts 🙂
I miss my c64 Take-away 🙁
@John: By now you should be used to expecting new episodes when they arrive. And not a moment earlier. 🙂
Yeah! I know 😀 But I still miss it anyway.
You’ve got a loyal fan here Jan, if I do say so myself 😀
I hope all is well.
We love all our fans, but especially the loyal ones. 🙂
Hi, listen to your cool podcast just now… yeah, port 40000 for our SOASC= and SOAMC= project had to be done since our ISP don’t give me port 80 at home. We hope to change this in future, either when we get fiber by different ISP and allows us port 80 at home, or we shift the search engine over to another server.
Thanks for the update, Stein.
Luckily I’m able to access the SOASC= search engine via an SSH tunnel should the need arise while at work. 🙂
Jan and Makke, I think I speak for everyone when I say:
Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io Save File: TakeawayJingle.ogg
Thanks, Andrew. That jingle cracked me up. We’ll *HAVE* to use it for the next episode. 🙂
I know it sounds like a lame excuse, but just the other day I found myself thinking that if I keep crossing things off my todo list at the current rate I should be able to focus on outlining the contents of episode 048 soon. Makke’s got a major milestone coming up, though – but hopefully we’ll manage to schedule around it.
We miss C64 Takeaway..
The secret is now out in the open. Here’s the main reason Makke and I haven’t produced any podcasts since December ’09: http://bit.ly/bz2DRD
Congrats! Had the same on 25.03…… time flies when you have to feed a crying baobao.
I’ve just discovered the takeaway (and c64 remixing in general) It’s truly fantatastic. Listening to them back to back makes work easier ! Keep up the good work and please keep producing the podcast!
Welcome aboard, Rob. There’s always room for more people in the remixing community. 🙂
How did you discover C64 remixing – a Google search, or perhaps something else?
First through 8 bit net labels such as 8 bit collective and then your own RKO and then just looking around for podcasts on i-tunes. Anyway great stuff! Hope you get the time to do more shows !
Hey mate! Congrats to you and your partner! Hope everything is going well! 🙂
Jan.. Its summer already.. Christmas has been long time ago.. 🙂
Comments are closed.