Just in time for Christmas, Makke and Jan skip an obvious opportunity to pour themselves a generous helping of glühwein. Instead they get all serious (well, not really), and cook up a delicious Commodore 64 styled music burger for you: Two Christmas tunes make up the bun, a solitary SID chiptune provides the dressing, and between it a solid slab of meat mixed from shredded guitars, beatup drums, and pounded pianos. Also, to spice things up there’s C64-related “news”, feedback, and the usual banter on the side. And the “Classic Remix” segment takes us all the way back to 2001.
Stream this episode:
Download this episode: MP3 (56:54 minutes – 52 Mb)
- 8 Bit Weapon & ComputeHer – Jingle Bells (From the It’s a chiptune holiday album)
- Alexander Rotzsch (Fanta) – Finetuning
- NecroPolo – RoboCop ingame (RobbSpotter mix)
- Mutherpluckin’ B – Deflektor (Deflektions of My Life) (also check out his NES remixes)
- Vincenzo – InCompleeto
- Classic remix: Jeroen Breebart – Special Agent 2001
- Martin Dodd – The Running Man (ICS Prime Time Remix)
- Markus Schneider – Golden Axe (Christmas Edition)
- Remix.Kwed.Org turned 9 years old on November 23rd 2009
- SOASC= got a new search engine and massive bandwidth upgrade.
- Commoradio plays chiptunes from the SOASC= and SOAMC.
- The Poke 20 album contains 21(!) remixes of Monty On The Run. And no mention of Rob Hubbard in the liner notes. And it violates its own Creative Commons license as well. Boo! Hiss!
- Interview with the composer of “Future Shock” and other C64 and NES tracks, Neil Baldwin (aka Demon)
- Necropolo’s “rakBIT” album released as a £4.50 digital download. You need to buy it! Now!
- Armin Gessert passed away on November 8th 2009 (in German)
- Giana Sisters is coming to the iPhone/iPod Touch (in German)
- The C64 Take-away has been nominated for a European #Podcast Award. Help us rock the vote!
- The Chameleon 64 cartridge contains a metric tonne of goodies: 1541 Emulator, REU, RetroReplay, VGA output, PS/2 mouse port, and more. Expected to ship in 2010, pre-order now for 219 EUR.
- The C64 App is back on the iTunes App Store.
- The free SID Player app should be on every iPhone/iPod Touch.
- Got a jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch? Install more games on the C64 app with @DNA64’s gamepack.
Unless otherwise stated tunes played on todays show are available for download from Remix.Kwed.Org , or from the HVSC recordings availble on the SOASC site. Leave feedback either by using the comment section at https://c64takeaway.com , by e-mail to C64Takeaway [AT] gmail [DOT] com, or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/C64Takeaway.